After being closed for more than nine weeks, MACS is delighted to be able to reopen its doors to the public on May 19. The team at MACS has carefully and thoroughly implemented the government’s health guidelines in order to ensure that visitors can be received in the safest conditions possible.
Access to MACS, CID (the Center for Innovation and Design), and the historical Grand-Hornu site is reserved exclusively for individual visitors and families. Visitors must reserve in advance, by phone (+32 (0)65/613-902) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At MACS, Matt Mullican’s show, Representing the Work, is open to public. And so, too, is the historical Grand-Hornu site; the CID, however, is currently preparing its new show, Serial Eater: Food Design Stories, which is scheduled to open to the public on June 27.
The sites will be open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Please note that the ticket office is closed every day between noon and 1 pm
HYGIENE AND SAFETY :
• Hand sanitizer will be available to the public
• Visitors are strongly advised to wear a mask inside (lobby, ticket offices, exhibition rooms, etc.)
• A unidirectional trajectory has been put in place to prevent crowding
• by card is strongly recommended
• The flow of visitors will be carefully managed by our staff
• All the health and safety guidelines issued by Belgium’s Conseil National de Securité have been scrupulously implemented
ADDITIONAL SERVICES :
• Guided visits and other group activities are suspended until further notice. Visitor’s guides – for children and adults – are available for free at the reception
• Audio guides for the historical Grand-Hornu site can be rented for 3 euros; they are disinfected after each use
• The restaurant, Rizom, and the cafeteria both remain closed to the public, and no food or drinks can be purchased on the premises at this moment. Visitors are welcome to bring a picnic with them
• The Documentation Center is closed until further notice
• Cloakrooms and lockers are both closed
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, by phone (+32 (0)65/613-902) or email (email@example.com).